There are two ways to handle your tree after the season:
- Compost your tree.
- Drop off your tree at a predetermined spot as outlined by the municipalities below..
Three easy steps to compost your Christmas tree:
- Remove ALL decorations and trim.
- Delimb the tree and cut up the trunk and branches (each piece no longer than 4 feet and 2 inches in diameter).
- Place in your compost cart. Be sure you can close the cart’s lid.
Christmas Tree Drop-off Locations for January 2020:
City of Saint John
Look for the 'barricaded area' at each location.
These locations are open from January 2nd to 13th:
- Charles Gorman Arena - University Ave
- Crescent Valley between 30 & 38 Taylor Avenue, North
- Peter Murray Arena - Dever Rd
- Hilton Belyea Arena - Lowell St
- Forest Hills Ball Field - 651 Westmorland Rd
- 330 Charlotte St, South/Central Peninsula
Town of Rothesay
- One day drop-off on Saturday, January 4th:
- Bill McGuire Centre Parking Lot
- East Riverside-Kingshurst Park
- Rothesay Arena
- Entrance to the Wells Recreation Field
Town of Quispamsis
Drop off location is open until Monday January 6th:
- Walter Jewett Ball Field - parking lot
Town of Hampton Curbside collection
Place tree at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Friday, January 3rd.